Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 9

Rough start to the morning... headed over to the ER around 5:30 am.  Confirmed case of strep throat and strep in my right kidney. IV antibiotics, steroids and pain meds on board.  A couple of prescriptions and I was out of there! I actually spent the rest of the day cheering on the walkers for Day 1 of the 3 Day.  It was so amazing to see almost 5,000 walkers all with one goal... to END BREAST CANCER!

So first...the reason for the blog.... again today was more about what people gave me, not what I was able to do for them.  I talked to over 30 people and they allowed me to share their story. Who they were walking for, who they walked in memory of. I prayed with several. I hugged even more! It was incredible that they would allow me inside their world and share their stories.  Jordan will have a lot of tape to use for his documentary.

My great news for today... I was accepted into the clinic in Houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half sick, very medicated, I sat in shock as she gave me the good news... so in just a couple of days.... we're Houston bound! And this came to mind today.. it's one I've posted more than once on my fb page but I've been holding onto this one for awhile now(thanks gorgeous Jessi Olson)

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that whispers, I will try again tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment