Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 10

Day 2 of the Susan G Komen 3 day walk for a cure has already begun.  The walkers had to be the starting line at 6:30 this morning.  The "support crew" as we refer to them for Jordan's school documentary more commonly known as the "Tit Crew" (play on pit crew for those of you still waking up) are up and getting ready at the condo. They try to be at every cheer station, pit stop, of course lunch and finish line each day. Cheering on not only our own walkers but the other 5,000 people walking to save their mom, daughter, sister and fathers. Men make up 1% of those affected by breast cancer!

Not sure what my Day 10 will bring. I'm going to continue the documentary, continue talking to people and asking them to share their stories with me. I've had people tell me that my attitude is inspiring but for me, these are the inspirations.  The people who walk not out of their own need for survival but for the need of those they love. I am in awe of each of you!!!

Special shout-out to Mrs. Suarez... you're texts always come at exactly the right time, even if my phone died! Love you girl!  Okay.. it's still early...make today count, I want to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment